Silkworm chow in power form (requires water and cooking)
Packaged in 8oz (1/2lb”) portions. Each portion makes approximately 1.5-2lbs of food.
Stove Top Instructions
- Mix 1/2 lb. dry silkworm food into a pot containing 3 cups of hot water. Mix with wisp or electric hand mixer, mix will be similar to cake batter.
- Place on stove top and bring to a boil for 5 minutes (stir continuously using a double boiler is best).
- Stir mixture vigorously; at this point it will be boiling hot and in a liquid state. Use caution mix is very hot and will burn. Pour food into desired container for storage.
- Immediately place a sheet of plastic wrap or container lid over food. Allow to cool and place into refrigerator.
- Food will firm up to a soft cheese like texture that can be grated out to feed silkworms.
- Mix 3 cups hot water into one 1/2 lb powdered silkworm food packet, in a microwave safe container with electric hand mixer.
- Cover with plastic wrap or container lid, heat on high for 3 minutes in microwave. Food will cook best with turntable on while cooking in a 1200W microwave.
- Remove from microwave, caution food will be hot and release steam when you remove cover. Mix thoroughly with electric hand mixer. Replace cover, heat on high for an additional 2 minutes. If you have an older microwave cook for 3 min.
- Remove from microwave, use extra caution food will be hot and release steam when you remove cover. Mix thoroughly with electric hand mixer. Immediately place in the refrigerator to cool, keep covered to prevent food from drying out. Once the food has cooled it is ready to feed. Food will firm and set to a soft like cheese that can then be grated for feeding silkworms.